Employee Self Service (ESS) & Time Off Request
Welcome to the age of Employee Self Service. Released a major revamp to the Empeon ESS application. Employees can now view & edit their own personal information. Employees can also view and request time off.
Employees editing personal information & Requesting time off
Employers approving employee requests
Managing employee editing permissions & setting assignees
Employers can manage the employee viewing and editing permissions as well as setting assignees responsible to address employee change requests and time off requests
Upload and Track Attachments in Employee Profiles
We introduced a valuable attachments feature which will greatly enhance your Empeon HRIS experience. This new feature allows you to upload attachments and store them directly on the appropriate employee card, track documents’ expiration dates, and view and download attachments.
Follow these simple steps to utilize the Attachments feature:
- Hover over any card in an employee’s profile to find the attachment tool.
- Add an attachment; the system supports numerous file types.
- Assign the attachment to the appropriate category, and provide a description for easier recognition.
You can easily see all of an employee’s attachments simultaneously by going to the employee’s Attachments card. You will find all attachments, sorted by category, with the ability to view, download, and edit each one. The Filter and Search tools will help you easily locate a particular attachment.
- Access to Attachments is based on a user’s permission by card: the user will have identical access to attachments within each card as to the card itself:
- If a user does not have access to a card, he will not have access to its attachments either
- The user will have view only access to attachments on cards to which he can view only.
Additional New Features and Enhancements
Alert for payroll processed
- You can now set an automated email to alert yourself and/or others when a payroll is processed. To setup this alert go to Company > Alerts > Alert me > Payroll Processed
- As with other Alerts, you can set the email to be sent to all users, specific users, or users with a specific role.
- The emailed alert contains a notification that the payroll was processed along with breakdown of the cash requirements for that payroll
Time file import
Now when importing a time file which has errors and warnings, users have the option to ignore the errors and warnings and proceed with the import (previously users would not be able to import a time file which has errors or warnings).
- Added additional Live reports for employee HR cards such as Medical Records
- Added Live reports for company Deduction and Earning codes
- Add additional options to the standard Check register report
Users can now manage Code Groups in Empeon. Code Groups is found under Company > Payroll > Code Groups.
Workers Comp Calculations
Now if a cost center is tied to a Workers Comp code, workers comp will calculate even if the employee is not assigned to a workers comp code (as long as the cost center which the employee’s wages are posted to is tied to a workers comp code). Previously workers comp would calculate only for employees with a workers comp code in their profile.
Employee Retirement contributions yearly limits are now handled based on the employee age
- Fixed: In pay entry if a user had unsaved changes in a check and would go into check settings, they would lose their unsaved changes. This is now fixed.
- Fixed: When voiding a check the void message would say that another check will be saved. The wording has been updated.
- Fixed: When saving a manual check which has calculation errors, the system would save the check in the VM batch. Now if a manual check has a calculation error the user is prevented from clicking save.
- Fixed: in the new hire screen, in some scenarios users would not be able to remove an item. This is now fixed.
- Fixed: In some scenarios the Payroll Register summary report would show incorrect Net and employee count totals. This is now fixed.
- Fixed: Deductions tied to an agency, arrear amounts were not being sent to the agency. This is now fixed
- Fixed: In some scenarios, in the QuickBooks export the Class was incorrectly included. This is now fixed